- Starts on 25th of February, ends on 27th of May.
- Monday, Wednesday and every 2nd week - Friday, from 17:00 to 21:00.
- Happening in HackBulgaria's lecture hall
- Price - free for students, who are not currently working.
- You can apply here. Application ends on 15th of February.
The course will cover fundamental software development practices, using Python as a primary language.
The course is perfect for people who are looking for their first job opportunity afterwards.
The high-level agenda includes:
- Learning Python as a programming language.
- Working with a Linux-based operating system.
- Learning how to unit test our programs.
- Working with relational databases and SQL. Working with ORMs.
- Learning how to use git and GitHub.
- Working in teams.
- Implementing client-server applications.
- Learning how applications can communicate - protocols and formats. JSON, HTTP, messages queues.
- Learning how to secure our applications from common vulnerabilities.
Everything related to the course is going to be uploaded to this GitHub repository.
The course doesn't assume or require any existing Python knowledge.
This is not a beginners' course. The course requires basic understanding of:
- How to work with computers.
- General programming principles.
- Data structures and algorithms.
- Object-oriented programming.
The course is going to include a lot of coding practices, so a laptop is required.
- Full Stack Python Developer at HedgeServ.
- 4 years of experience writing backend with Python.
- Taught 2 previous Python 101 courses.
- CEO at HackSoft.
- Using Python and Django everday in a big single page project.
- 8 years of experience with Python and backend technologies.
When our students succeed, so do we.
We partner with companies which support the course and help our students to start their career.
The partners for the 8th edition of the course are:
Price and Apply
- The course is free for students who are not currently working.
- The course costs 600 BGN with VAT for everyone else.The course can be paid in two equal parts, at the start and the end of it.
This course has an application process that will select 25 students to participate.
The application process is as follows:
- You have to solve 2 programming problems, located here
- Next, we are going to conduct an online interview with you. We are going to ask technical and non-technical questions.
- Once the interviews are done, we are going to compile a short list of candidates and send them a special 3rd programming problem to solve.
- Next, we'll conduct a second online interview, to discuss the solution to the 3rd problem.
- In the end, we'll compile the final list of the 25 selected students for the course
You can apply here
In case you have any questions, drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can join us for a live Q&A session on 4th of February, at 19:00. More info here.